Linking our Blog

PLEASE, can we ask that those of you who enjoy our blog, not put a public link to our blog from your website/blog? See January 24, 2007 entry for some further thoughts on this. Thanks for understanding.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Beautiful Words


This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. ~Jeremiah 6:16

I was reading a passage today that I found incredibly comforting and beautiful. I think it would make a great song or hymn. Singing the words would be like honey on my lips. For me, it was like God answering my prayer about understanding His calling for Ray & I. It is so relevant in so many of our daily lives as we seek to understand God and His will for us. It's not necessarily an answer, but it leads to an answer.

I also like it because of the words. I think words are so important. Words can make people cringe, laugh, cry, feel comforted...the words in this passage are just nice. Crossroads, ancient, paths, good, walk, rest, souls....

My favourite word that I've encountered is the word "dollop". I was explaining to my students that I like the word "dollop" because a "dollop" of anything is always something good....ice cream, whipped cream, mousse, mashed potatoes.

So I figured I'd leave you all with a dollop of words today! :)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hey Ray & Sandra

I like your new apt!

Sandra: so how's the weather in Taipei? did you have to wear your winter jacket yet?

Wendy