Linking our Blog

PLEASE, can we ask that those of you who enjoy our blog, not put a public link to our blog from your website/blog? See January 24, 2007 entry for some further thoughts on this. Thanks for understanding.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hooray! and Hiya!


Excerpt from SUCCESS ~ by Emily Dickenson

Success is counted sweetest
By those who ne'er succeed.
To comprehend a nectar
Requires sorest need.

So we did it! I am now a resident in Taiwan and will be able to get my Alien Resident Card when we return from our Chinese New Year trip! Hooray! What a long battle this one has been. I am truly thankful and can be confident that it has truly been God's hand at work through all of this. So many MORE things could have gone wrong but it didn't. Yay God!

Unfortunately...just as we finish one battle, another one is still being fought. Last night was one of our roughest nights (well actually Ray slept quite well). We finally bought the mosquito zapper, but it was a useless weapon against the invisibility shields of our enemies. The mosquitoes are extremely cunning and nimble in Taiwan, and they surely know how to stay in "stealth mode". At 3:30 a.m. I was awaken by buzzing in my ear and ended up battling against 4 mosquitoes with the electric tennis racket (How did they get past our new zapper weapon?!!!). Unfortunately the mosquitoes were too smart. They intelligently hid in the fabrics of the curtain where I didn't want to use the zapper or flew way up high onto our 10 feet ceiling, out of my reach. ARRRGH! I finally only managed to get 3 out of the 4 vicious blood-suckers and ended up hiding under the covers the rest of the night and swatting away everytime I heard a buzz. I am pooped!

This morning I woke up immediately and googled some mosquito info. Here is what I found for those who are interested:
- http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howthingswork/a/aa050503a.htm
- http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~insects/moslife.htm

1 comment:

bullpen larry said...

congrats on the residency and the new job with the smartboards. i'm sure that by next year, you've be a certified smartboard salesperson!