When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased." Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. ~ Luke 3:21-23
A friend of mine once told me that when you turn 30 you enter your "Jesus Years" because that's the age Jesus began his ministry. I guess it's a more positive way of looking at the fact that you're getting older. I actually like it because I think when you turn 30, you're entering a pretty significant decade in your life: you're more mature (hopefully), more experienced (maybe) and have a better idea of who you are (or not). So as you enter this significant stage it's also a good time to reflect on who you've become, and what's ahead.
Well, Jesus Years...Here I come!
Welcome! This is a space for us to share our journey to Asia. Some of the entries will be very personal and reflective. Other entries will just be everyday tidbits of information and pictures to include you in our lives. Please click on "Introduction" in the links section below for some background on why we started this journey. We welcome your comments and questions. Thank you for being a part of our lives! - Ray and Sandra
Linking our Blog
PLEASE, can we ask that those of you who enjoy our blog, not put a public link to our blog from your website/blog? See January 24, 2007 entry for some further thoughts on this. Thanks for understanding.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Sandra!!!
I love reading your blog!! =)
Jay
I can't belive you're 30. You look not one day older than 29! ;)
Wow! The big 30 and becoming more like Jesus! Happy birthday, Sandra, dear!
cheers.
Lisa =)
hello. :) Happy birthday Sandra. Hope you had a great valentine's day as well!
Happy Birthday Sandra! Welcome to the Jesus Years. =)
Saturn has returned.
Happy belated Sandra! The best is yet to come...
Post a Comment