Linking our Blog

PLEASE, can we ask that those of you who enjoy our blog, not put a public link to our blog from your website/blog? See January 24, 2007 entry for some further thoughts on this. Thanks for understanding.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Blessings......Stress

This past week has been a series of ups and downs. Most of the time things are going well and I miss Ray, but the quiet time has been good too. It has been truly a blessing to have Teresa and my cousin around to talk to in the evenings. I am rarely alone.

However, work has been busy and stressful. I've had a couple of stressful encounters with parents and all for really small issues. Mainly that my students have not been completing their homework. It's a long story really but really it's hard not to take things personally when parents confront you with a difference in opinion on the standards we set for students.

The next blessing has been W. W has been so kind as to offer to help us out with grading our backyard and dismantling an old patio. He did an amazing job and really has blessed us with his full devotion in friendship. He came this morning at 7:30 a.m. to help out, and then worked most of the day in helping us take apart the patio. When I came home, everything looked really organized and neat, AND he even stacked the bricks that he dismantled. I was speechless with gratitude. He was truly the presence of Christ for me today.

However, afterwards, I discussed a leak in the basement with Ray and realized that I really have no clue what to do. I feel like I'm going into deep waters but have no idea how to swim. Even getting my feet wet is scary. I keep worrying about doing things wrong or hiring the wrong people to help out. I feel really quite helpless without Ray around to make some of the decisions. I usually think "Girl Power!" all the time but all of a sudden that feels so silly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl power? How about W power? :P hahha