Linking our Blog

PLEASE, can we ask that those of you who enjoy our blog, not put a public link to our blog from your website/blog? See January 24, 2007 entry for some further thoughts on this. Thanks for understanding.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

We Got the Place!

Hello all,

Just a quick break and note to say that we got the place that we blogged about earlier this week. We will be living at DaAn Lu and XinYi Lu in the DaAn district of Taipei city.

Lots of thoughts and things to say about learning to "be flexible" here in Asia. Things don't always go the way you want or expect here. This was something that was emphasized almost continuously in our STM summer trip - learn to "be flexible" and go with the flow of local pace and culture. So... I'm learning that at the office lots. In the end, we are super blessed to have this apartment. It's much more than what we could have ever dreamed. We're moving in tomorrow. Hopefully the next post will be with some pictures of this place and some more comments about why we decided on this place.

Our good friend D is here from Toronto. It has been wonderful having her. She's leaving on Saturday so we're extra happy that she can be our first guest in our new apartment Friday night. Tomorrow D and S will be cleaning and setting up our new home. At night, we'll have a chance to just hang out and as D suggested, pray over the place. We'll also get a chance to celebrate with our first bottle of Australian wine purchased at the local Costco!

I've been trying to integrate into the Taiwan firm this week. Its been going very well and I'm enjoying the experience. To the point about things not always going as you envision - I've been going out to lunch mostly with my caucasian coworker from LA (the only other "expat" here) and attending almost all of my meetings in Mandarin (I speak English if I speak at all)!

Write next from our new apartment.

Ray

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ray and Sandra,

It is nice to hear that you have a new apartment! I thank God for that!!

May God bless you and keep your good work in Taiwan.

Feel free to go to my space:
http://tkhwong.spaces.live.com/

Keep in touch!!

Tony Wong

dravenkenann said...

Hi Ray and Sandra,
This is ann,don't know if you remember, the tall woman,now with a daughter.
The Lord bless you both in China,
you are in our prayers.
ann, ken and mayah foo.

JCL said...

Wow, and I thought attending meetings was hard enough in UK, where they use slang I don't understand, with an accent that isn't always easy to follow (ie the scots and the irish), at a speed that's... well, insane! I can't imagine being in a meeting in Mandarin, I wouldn't understand a thing!!! Impressed =)

B said...

Ann: So that's where your blog went!