At the end of the 1st week of school it's our school's way to celebrate the beginning of the school year AND the survival of the 1st week.
During the dinner, many of my co-workers jokingly reminded us about how at the same time last year, my belly was super big and Kasper was ready to pop out. My maternity leave began the following Monday but I was so sure that Kasper was going to be late and would not come out until a week later. That night after Friday's, my co-workers and I got a wonderful hairwash and the next morning at 7am my water broke. I guess I wasn't ready yet (we hadn't even packed for the hospital yet), but Kasper sure was.
It's a been a year already and God has definitely taught us a lot through Kasper. When you have a baby, you realize how selfish you've been your whole life. All decisions you make when you're not a parent are really your own. Sure they might be influenced by other factors like parents, friends, circumstances. But when you have a child you NEED to consider them because they are helpless without your decisions and actions. They can't feed themselves, bathe, or move without your help.
Luckily, Kasper has been a SUPERSTAR baby. He sleeps well, laughs lots, and loves to cuddle. I'm so thankful for this year that we've had.
No comments:
Post a Comment