So we attended our FIRST Taiwanese wedding today. It was Ray's co-worker's wedding. It was a very pleasant experience. Why you might ask?
1. Food was EXCELLENT! Probably one of the best Chinese Banquet meals I've ever had. And for lunch too! I definitely could have eaten seconds for some of the dishes. :) Especially the abalone. The TWO courses we had it!
2. No games. (definite plus for Ray)
3. Got to meet Ray's co-workers in a more non-work environment. (Although there was still some shop talk going on)
4. Not too long. :) Definite plus so we could make it back to feed Kasper again.
All in all it was a great cultural experience. Although the dress code for the wedding was definitely very interesting. Some people came in jeans, most in business casual dress, and then some in formal. Ray & I arrived in formal dress at the same time as some of the more casually dressed people and had a horrible "Oh no! We're totally out of place!" moment at first. But we thankfully fit in with the attire at our table so we felt much better. =P
Being here in Taiwan we've definitely missed a lot of weddings. Where we used to average 10 weddings a year, we've dwindled down to 1/year now. I like attending weddings. I don't really need to dress up anymore so it's nice to do it once in a while. Plus I always find weddings remind me of my own wedding day and that's a happy place to be. :)
Sorry to all those whose weddings we've missed over the years. You were definitely on our hearts.
Welcome! This is a space for us to share our journey to Asia. Some of the entries will be very personal and reflective. Other entries will just be everyday tidbits of information and pictures to include you in our lives. Please click on "Introduction" in the links section below for some background on why we started this journey. We welcome your comments and questions. Thank you for being a part of our lives! - Ray and Sandra
Linking our Blog
PLEASE, can we ask that those of you who enjoy our blog, not put a public link to our blog from your website/blog? See January 24, 2007 entry for some further thoughts on this. Thanks for understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment