1 Samuel 1
24 After he was weaned, she took the boy with her, young as he was, along with a three-year-old bull, an ephah of flour and a skin of wine, and brought him to the house of the LORD at Shiloh. 25 When they had slaughtered the bull, they brought the boy to Eli, 26 and she said to him, "As surely as you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the LORD. 27 I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." And he worshiped the LORD there.
August 24th, 2008 our son Kasper Jian Le Chow was born unto us. We are truly proud, thankful and happy parents. It's amazing how much love you can have for somebody you just meet. Well I guess technically he's been talked to and connected to us for 9 months already but still... Ray and I feel complete joy and thankfulness every time we see Kasper.
After he was born, like many other babies we have heard of, Kasper had to stay in the hospital longer because he had jaundice. And even though you know it's very common and you've seen little babies wearing those cool visors, baking under lights in a plastic container before, for some reason your heart still aches every time you have to put him back in the container. And when we had to leave him in the hospital by himself it was even harder.
But...he's back home now, and we couldn't be happier.
As we watch him, stare at him, giggle at his every move, I know that in both of our hearts our biggest hope is that he will walk closely with God. His Chinese name is 周建樂 and like his name, we hope that he will be a builder, establisher and creator not only of joy, but also of God's greater kingdom which will bring ultimate joy.
I'm reminded of Hannah praying to God for a son, and immediately dedicating him to God. What a great example for me. May I remember that Kasper is not mine, Ray's or anybody else's but God's "treasure" and child. We are steward's and caregivers...and I pray that God will give us wisdom and strength cause I know Ray & I feel like total rookies. =P
Welcome! This is a space for us to share our journey to Asia. Some of the entries will be very personal and reflective. Other entries will just be everyday tidbits of information and pictures to include you in our lives. Please click on "Introduction" in the links section below for some background on why we started this journey. We welcome your comments and questions. Thank you for being a part of our lives! - Ray and Sandra
Linking our Blog
PLEASE, can we ask that those of you who enjoy our blog, not put a public link to our blog from your website/blog? See January 24, 2007 entry for some further thoughts on this. Thanks for understanding.
3 comments:
Congrats!! I'm so happy for you guys :-).
-Beata
Congratulations! What a gift God has given you. May he bring joy and laughter into your home and may he always have a heart that loves God!
Praise the Lord.
Kar Yan
Post a Comment