And the seasons they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We're captive on the carousel of time
We can't return we can only look behind
From where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game.
I can't believe the time. We are almost through a whole year in Taiwan. We have now seen Taiwan in all 4 seasons. Well I guess there are really just 2ish seasons (hot, cooler) but I still think of it as 4. It looks nothing like the one in the picture above but I do miss the seasons of Canada. They're so distinct! Over here, although I can definitely say with confidence that the summers are very hot, and the winters are cooler, there isn't the wet and dry season like in some countries, and the weather is still very pleasant.
It's October right now and I just started wearing a longer sleeve shirt but the weather is very comfortable. It's perfect actually!
My parents just left after spending two weeks here and they were complaining that there wasn't enough sunshine in Taiwan, but I didn't really notice. Maybe it's because our third Typhoon of the year (Typhoon Krosa - a link to some videos) hit and there was a lot of rain afterwards.
I thought it was interesting that my parents experienced the full Taiwan package - the Typhoon, an earthquake (very small), and many sites of Taiwan. They were kind of silent (or at times even negative about Taiwan, or it could be my perception), but I have a feeling that they were trying not too like Taiwan too much because in the back of their mind they want us to be back in Canada. All in all the visit went pretty well.
I'm almost done my first quarter at school and sending out report cards soon. Time sure flies. I'll try to update the blog a bit more but no promises!
2 comments:
Parents will always find things to be critical of, no matter how good it is, if it's something they don't like/want 100%. :P
YES, can you believe it's been a year...
Post a Comment