No need even
To take out
A book: only
Go inside
And savor
The heady
Dry breath of
Ink and paper,
Or stand and
Listen to the
Silent twitter
Of a billion
Tiny busy
Black words.
Oh I'm so happy to be an "alien"! (For those who don't know to be an official resident in Taiwan you need an ARC card = Alien Resident Card) Before with my Canadian passport I had no status here in Taiwan and couldn't do many things.
But now.....ho ho ho!
I not only have a membership at Carrefour (the big French Megastore) but I also got my Library Card from the Taipei Public Library! Hooray!
The library was amazing! First of all it's close to home (about a 10 min. walk) PLUS there were 10 floors! Two floors were dedicated to books for children: 1 floor for
I also ventured into the "Western Books" section and found a full rack of books by Francine Rivers! Hooray! She's a Christian author who rights fiction but does a lot of research to make the books like a historical fiction book. She's really good. I picked up one of her "Lineage of Grace" books on "Tamar".
The best part is that you can keep the book for 1 month! I'm set now!
No comments:
Post a Comment