Linking our Blog

PLEASE, can we ask that those of you who enjoy our blog, not put a public link to our blog from your website/blog? See January 24, 2007 entry for some further thoughts on this. Thanks for understanding.

Sunday, July 03, 2011

Slow to Anger

James 1:19-21
"My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you."

I hate transitions. I like feeling clean and comfortable, and transitions usually mean having to make things clean and living out of a suitcase (i.e. not comfortable). Add to that a really bad memory and it makes finding things extra difficult. =P

I've realized lately how easy I am to anger. I've got a pretty bad tongue too when I'm angry. The words just spill out and I get quite sarcastic. The worst part is that the words come out really fast, I feel bad about it, but I'm usually still very angry at the person/situation so it's an internal battle that gets quite ugly.

Looked up the Homes & Rahe stress scale to see what stress scale I'm at. Total came to 299. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Score of 300+: At risk of illness.

Score of 150-299+: Risk of illness is moderate (reduced by 30% from the above risk).

Score 150-: Only have a slight risk of illness.

Man I'm getting close to that top range. Better start doing some deep breathing exercises. =P No wonder I'm quick to anger and quick to speak. Although I know....I can't make excuses for myself.

No comments: