Linking our Blog

PLEASE, can we ask that those of you who enjoy our blog, not put a public link to our blog from your website/blog? See January 24, 2007 entry for some further thoughts on this. Thanks for understanding.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

2 words for 1!

Today I decided to do a little research on what experts say you should do to teach 2 languages to pre-schoolers...OR even if you should do it! Well of course the experts are not in agreement but I found a pretty interesting article & video on a dual language kindergarten here. It seems like a lot of research is done with dual language pre-schoolers who are learning English & Spanish. Would love to see more research on learning Chinese & English! Let me know if you find anything interesting!

Today I also caught a glimpse of how amazing the human brain works. I don't know how Kasper gets it that an object can have more than 1 name in different languages but today he decided to enjoy the word "Soup" (he kept calling it SOOOOUUUP!) even though he knew it was also called "Tang Tang 湯湯". I know there are other words he does that with like cars, dog, socks, spoon...but it was really apparent today when he said it one after the other.

There's hope for him yet! :)

P.S. I should say some words for our poor second child too! She is developing SO quickly. Can crawl now, sits for about 1-2 min on her own, loves to sing, and recently learned hot to shake her head when she doesn't want something (usually food). :) She is super adorable!

No comments: