Linking our Blog

PLEASE, can we ask that those of you who enjoy our blog, not put a public link to our blog from your website/blog? See January 24, 2007 entry for some further thoughts on this. Thanks for understanding.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Just when you think you've figured it out...

So...new baby...new hospital...still lost!

BTW, Did we tell all of you yet?....We're expecting another Chow! I'm in my 5th month and so far I feel MUCH bigger than I did with Kasper. I feel MUCH more tired than when I did with Kasper. AND I'm in MUCH of a lesser mood to prepare for the 2nd coming. (Hee hee! A little Apocalyptic joke there.) We don't know what gender it is yet. According to the doctor, "It MIGHT be a girl". So I guess it MIGHT be a boy too! Great! That tells us a lot.

AND to top it off, I feel even more lost than ever in the hospital! I wanted to try a new doctor and hospital because although we had a pretty good experience at the last hospital, I was worried that my previous doctor would not be as supportive in assisting me with a VBAC delivery this time around. So I wanted to try a new doctor/hospital.

We were pretty impressed by the very English friendly website of TMUH and although there were some doubts about their obs/gyn department from many Taiwanese co-workers (it's a relatively new hospital to many), we decided to go with the hospital after our orientation. The nurse we met seemed very knowledgeable, and the facility was so state-of-the-art, and it was so convenient to get to, we decided...let's give it a try!

My problem is I never understand what's going on once I get to the hospital. There's always a maze of people you have to go to. Get an appointment at this counter, go to this department for your visit. Wait for your #? Pay. Get medecine (if any). It's all very confusing. And even more confusing is yesterday we went to the hospital having already pre-registered with a number (#71), and then when we got there, the doctor was calling upon #50. So did we have to wait 20 numbers? So I went to ask the nurse if in the future we should just come later if we have a later #, and she said, NO. You get a # to get registered, and then you come anytime, and it's a first come first served basis. Unless you're just reading a report, and then you get pushed back until whenever there is a free period. BUT with people coming in and out constantly when do you possibly get a free period? Sigh...it's just all so confusing.

Sometimes I wish my skin would look more white, and my hair look less black so that people would just help me out. =P

1 comment:

Lon said...

awesomeness, congrats!