Sandra pointed out this evening that I'm severely behind in my blogging. I'm also resolved to the fact that if I keep waiting for "time" to catchup on blogging from the point I've left off I'll never get to it! I'm just going to pickup from where we're at now.
Sandra and I have been away from Taiwan for just over a week now. Sandra finished teaching last Friday and is on summer holidays. We've been in Shanghai for a week - I've been attending a course at CEIBS and Sandra has been relaxing and exploring the city.
We're now in Macau... staying at the largest hotel / casino here (it's quite nice by the way) attending our firm's first ever Far East Area Partners meeting - over 700 Partners together for the first time ever discussing some very exciting changes and plans for our firm.
Tonight was also the first opportunity for Christian Partners from countries all over the Far East Area to get together. We had a simple dinner gathering of over 30 Christians to worship, fellowship, share and pray about what God is doing in our respective countries. I won't share the details publicly here, but it was very inspiring for Sandra and I to be in the midst of such a diverse group of leaders. Some have been Christians for many years to one who came to Christ through one of the firm's events only weeks ago... From very senior Partners to a Partner to be who hasn't even joined the firm yet.. It was inspiring to hear what God has placed on their hearts. One sister in particular shared that she has felt that God has called this company to be a leader not only the marketplace, but in marketplace ministry.
As I looked around the room, I was inspired by the conviction and passion in the room. Not only to our beliefs, but also to our work. An outsider may be surprised that some of these Partners were Christians, but my guess (and hope) is that few would question that these Partners are also the best in what they do. There is no question that they are making a difference in the workplace and business. This credibility is so important.
Anyway, the next two days will be filled with intense business meetings and networking. We're squeezing in early morning and late evening prayer and worship so I will cut this short. I am excited about hearing what God is doing in the workplace. In one particular office, we have over 100 Christians meeting openly (outside of office hours). This recent trip to Shanghai (to be blogged another time) and this "conference" is a reminder of why we are out here - to make a difference in all that we are and all that we do.
Welcome! This is a space for us to share our journey to Asia. Some of the entries will be very personal and reflective. Other entries will just be everyday tidbits of information and pictures to include you in our lives. Please click on "Introduction" in the links section below for some background on why we started this journey. We welcome your comments and questions. Thank you for being a part of our lives! - Ray and Sandra
Linking our Blog
PLEASE, can we ask that those of you who enjoy our blog, not put a public link to our blog from your website/blog? See January 24, 2007 entry for some further thoughts on this. Thanks for understanding.
1 comment:
was just thinking about you guys and low and behold there's a new blog! cool. praying for the three of you...
Post a Comment