"Or imagine a woman who has ten coins and loses one. Won't she light a lamp and scour the house, looking in every nook and cranny until she finds it? And when she finds it you can be sure she'll call her friends and neighbors: 'Celebrate with me! I found my lost coin!' Count on it—that's the kind of party God's angels throw every time one lost soul turns to God." ~ Luke 15:8-10
We lost our cell phone on Saturday night while riding the local Taipei Bus. Bus Route #278. We unfortunately didn't notice that we had lost it until the next afternoon and by that time worries of somebody using the phone to make outrageous calls were haunting our thoughts. How much would the phone bill come out to? Who picked it up? And we have to buy a new phone too?!
Needless to say we hunted everywhere in the house in hopes of finding the phone hidden in some corner of our apartment. Eventually we resigned to the fact that we had really lost the phone and called the phone company to suspend the phone number.
Miraculously, within the hour, our friend B's aunt called us and said that some employee at the Bus station had found her number on our phone and called her telling her that they had our phone at the main bus station for Route #278. After repeating the instructions to retrieve the phone 4-5 times (the instructions were to take bus #278 to the main station, and retrieve the phone at the service counter) we finally hung up.
Ray and I were thoroughly shocked. One by the miraculous way in which God had provided for us. Two, by the surprisingly honest character of the Taiwanese people. Other places, I'm not sure if even the bus driver would have been that honest, let alone having bothered to hunt down the owner of the phone. They had called many times to make sure we went to pick up the phone. Not only that, when I picked up the phone they did a security check to make sure I was the owner of the phone.
Pretty cool!
1 comment:
No no no! I left my phone in a Beijing taxi and the driver hunted me down to give it back to me! I praise God for that too... and the taxi driver refused any compensation for it too! So, small indications that China could change too.. :)
Post a Comment